Learn the fundamentals of information security, including Security Design Principles, Threat Modeling and Security Policy.
What you'll learn
- Define the three major terms in cybersecurity (Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability)
- Differentiate between threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Articulate different security mechanisms.
- Describe the specification, design, & implementation of secure systems
- Describe How to Design Security
- Enumerate the Fundamental Design Principles
- Describe Principles of Secure Design
- Analyze Security, Privacy, Ethics & Legal Issues related to design
- Enumerate the Security Life Cycle
- Describe Threat Modeling
- Analyze Threats using Ranking
- Apply Attack Trees
- Discuss the meaning of "security policy"
- Outline the elements of security policy
- Differentiate between security policy types, models, and levels
- Define and compare five security models (Bell-La Padula Model, Biba Integrity Model, Lipner’s Model, Clark-Wilson Integrity Model and Chinese Wall Model)
- Apply multilevel security policies